SCHOOL FIELD TRIPS
Discovery Wildlife Park offers all schools a great day when they visit! Each class receives a discounted rate to visit and Kindergarten to Grade 12 classes can also purchase a guided tour led by one of our friendly and knowledgeable zookeepers. The tour can be customized to suit your class curriculum. The talk is geared towards engaging the children in nature, developing a strong interest in conservation and building relationships with animals.
Our Eco-tour has proved very popular, especially with environmental students. A tour of our Park highlights all the recycling and reusing strategies that the Park has accomplished and offers the student a chance to see these technologies in action.
Your class will meet all of our orphaned animals – Nisa & Lupe, the black wolves, Raikin & Kuna, the raccoons, Gruff, the black bear, Berkley, the Kodiak bear, Gobi and Heidi the camels and many more! Times are booking fast, so make sure your class doesn’t miss out on this extraordinary opportunity. Call 403-227-3211 or email email@example.com to book your school tour. Below are the School & Youth Groups rates. Check out our Hours & Rates for more details.
|Admission (+ Lunch)||$14|
- Minimum of 15 paid people
- Tour guides are available for Kindergarten to Grade 12 students only. Guides are $40 each (up to 40 people) and must be pre-booked. Additional tour guides can be booked for $40 if your group is more than 40 people.
- Group rate applies to all children, adults and teachers accompanying group
- Payment must be made in one lump sum – extra parents and/or siblings must prepay the school for their admission in order to receive group rate. Extra people that are not prepaid will pay regular admission at the door.
- Lunch includes hot dog, fries and slush drinks (coffee or tea for adults if desired)
- Must be booked in advance
Education is our focus for all visitors to Discovery Wildlife Park! Learning about animals has never been so much fun! Bear Awareness programs, tiger, jaguar and new lion and wolf presentations, – all provide you the opportunity to learn about each species.
Excellent signage for each animal and interactive talks with our keepers also gives you the chance to learn and have your questions answered.
You will leave with a greater understanding and love of the animals that you met during your stay and a stronger appreciation of the fact that we all need to take a part in helping to preserve them and their natural habitats. Catch a sneak peak here!